Thread: 993TT vs 996TT
View Single Post

Sadly, I have no experience with either car. But, I think the reasons for each would be similar to the choice between any same type 993 and 996.

My 2 cents:
- If you have the money to buy a pristine 993 TT and don't mind the slightly less overall performance/inconveniences, get it. I think these cars are going to be future collector's for people of my generation and their prices will always show it.
- The 996 TT is very nice, probably better to drive all-round than the 993 and overall performance is obviously better. On the street I am not sure the performance difference matters, but the water cooling is definetely more convenient for short trips and I am sure it improves even further on the seemless low-end of the 993 TT powerplant. You also don't need to worry about the 993 series issues and the car itself is more refined (if that is what you want) But, in 5 years I think the 993 TT will still hold value and the 996 series will be the 964's of today. A good value, but overshadowed by the 997 used car market.

In the end, I think it depends on how you plan to use it. Both are excellent cars. Though more refined, any 996 will ultimately outperform a 993. To deny that is ludicrous and based purely on emotion.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)