View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW SD View Post
Despite the difference of opinion in value, I think they are purchased for lower, maybe not $25k, but remember,

Ultimately, I wish you luck and am confident you'll enjoy your car. These are awesome, timeless vehicles.
I've been watching TURBOS for months now and I agree. While bringing up real estate methods of pricing and selling may make some sensitive, the fact remains that home appraisers look at pricing for SOLD homes not ASKING Price. The market price is what SELLS not what is up for SALE. Unfortunately it's hard to find the SOLD pricing for TURBOS but we can see what price level does not sell by following bid closings and contacting Craig's listings.
My experience with Craig's is many TURBOS are getting $20K offers but the sellers are trying to hold at $25K-$30K. These cars are not moving......YET.
Did you see the 60K mile '79 TURBO on ebay? Nothing trick, the car had a botched bare metal paint job that would need striping and respray. His minimum was still somewhere over $20K, LOL.
Yes, if it is your intention to have a tricked out high HP car, pay $5K more on the BASE against that $20K the seller has put in it. Certainly the most cost effective path.

Last edited by copbait73; 02-28-2008 at 06:10 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)