View Single Post

I bought my slant from a guy in Providence, RI. I negotiated with him over the phone for over 2-months, and really figured it would sell to someone else the whole time. I was planning on spending Christmas in Pittsburgh, (my parents' wanted the grandkids there) so I told the PO on the Fri. before we drove from Atl. to Pgh. that if he hadn't sold the car by Mon., I'd fly to Providence from Pgh., and look at it.

The east coast got blitzed with snow on Sat. as we drove up there, and as such, the 3 potential buyers (that he said were coming to see the car) never showed. On Monday, I bought a plane ticket (RT with a return flight 2 days later), got a bank check fed ex'd to me, and by Wed. I was in Providence. I met the PO at his shop after a $40 cab ride, drove the car a bit, and bought it. I left Providence at 12 noonon Wed., and made it to Pgh. by ~8:00 that night - the weather was not too bad and the roads were clear, and I took my time.

Christmas was the following Sat., and my cousin and I took the Slant to a Steeler game (vs. the Ravens) on Sun. after Christmas. We drove back to Atl. in the middle of the following week. It was a ~ 2wk stretch that I will still think about when they plant me.....

Last edited by kellcats521; 02-28-2008 at 06:26 PM..
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)