View Single Post

Way to Go Mr Silver! I'll bet from now until that truck rolls up to your house will seem like an eternity...but even better than when the Brown Santa rolls up with another box of goodies ordered off the Internet.

Now...let me share a true story...and I hate to do this but I think about it every time I hear about shipping a car and it's actually pretty funny. My buddy in Maryland bought a 70's Trans Am (Cannonball Run Style) from a guy in Arizona. Took almost a month before the car showed up at his house. Guy gets out of the truck and my buddy is checking out the car....with that little kid at Christmas look on his face. Minutes away from having it in his driveway and firing it up for the first time. Truck driver starts unloading the car and it's above the cab of the truck...somehow it rolls off the truck and crashes over the hood of the truck and onto the ground. Everyone is pretty stunned obviously...to hear him tell the story is a crackup.

Guy somehow manages to get the car to the ground and pushes it into my buddies driveway and calls the owner of the trucking company. Owner is a #@#^$# and tells the driver to get the check. My buddies like.....'are you effing kidding me?' He gets into it with the guy on the phone and the guy threatens to send someone to his house...you know like a Guido(sp) type...anyhow somehow he worked it out and found another one 6 months later...but a priceless story nonetheless.

So Quick....congrats and that isn't going to happen to you but it seemed like the right and wrong time to tell the story all at the same time!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)