View Single Post
beancounter

Man I love these valuation threads...The car in the "Should I take the plunge" thread that recently sold for around 30k looks very nice. However, its a 90k mile car, and the price reflects that. Given the maintenance work, it may very well be a better car than a lower mile original car. Mods are great too. In a few years I may have done all that same stuff to my car and paid out the @$$ for it. In this case, as we all know, seller gets pennies on the dollar for that. So a higher mile, but well maintained 930 will fetch 30k. The market certainly favors a lower mile, and original, unmolested car. Even if mods and repair work look good on paper and may be even better in real life, the market likes an original car because its a known quantity. 39,000 mile red 1987 car on ebay is now at 38.5k and the reserve has been met. 64 bids made on that one, auction ends tomorrow (no affiliation, just interested).
Old 02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)