View Single Post

Mark- if you look at some of my posts you'll find that I'm generally mechanically challenged and I'm learning a lot about my 930 and cars in general- at the expense of the patient folks on this forum. Can't really offer much in the way of options for vacuum sources- but I recently removed my clock and installed a 934 style boost gauge that NHS modified for me so that it shows vacuum as well. Per their instructions I tapped into the rear of the brake master cylinder. The kit included hose to the gauge and a new vacuum fitting with a "t" to allow for both vacuum to the master cylinder and the gauge. The hose kit is available from Performance Products and Pelican as well. If you were to order the kit (about $65) you'd see that it's a pretty basic install. As far as other areas where one can tap into for vacuum I'm sure some of the smarter guys will chime in with their expertise- but there's got to be a vacuum port on the master of a 964 turbo so I'm thinking it's the same sort of setup. Take a look at the picture below and see if you think it might work for you. Good luck with your project.

Last edited by jay71; 03-01-2008 at 07:26 AM..
Old 03-01-2008, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)