View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to 83930
Jay

I just finished my install of the GHL\with heat on my 83 930. I didn't buy the install kit so I had to do some mods to make things fit. I had to move the oil return line to the front of the motor. I also had to change the angle of the accumulator flange to clear the left side header.Then because I used the stock WG I had to cut the WG muffler down to about 2" from the stock 8 or 10". Also had to cut and mod the left side fresh air supply to header, because the stock metal tubing was to long to fit the new headers.The fit on the heater output elbows was not real tight, so I wrapped them with aluminum duct tape used for industrial heat ducts then they fit nice and tight.good luck with the install. It makes a nice upgrade and really improves the turbo lag. By the way for this upgrade I did do a partial engine drop, Just dropped the rear about 8" or so to get at everything. Enjoy, Its a nice upgrade.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)