View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
No worries on taking long Mike, you know way more than me. It is in the high 60's here today, so I buckled the kids in (wife is out of town) and took the car out for a pretty lengthy drive.

In each gear, at about 4900 rpm, it starts to faul on its face. Meaning the tach bounces around for a second, and you can feel definite hesitation, and the motor cuts out. I brought the rev's up very slowly a couple of times, without using any boost, and the result was the same in 1st - 3rd. I couldn't really check out 4th or 5th, as I would be reaching ludicrous speed, smile.

Now, when I get on the gas, and the boost builds super fast, it doesn't make it to 4,900 rpm.

I will go check the wires to the overboost and to the boost pressure sending unit. I can tell you that when I got the car, the boost guage read .7 bar all the time. After we had the motor out, reconnected the overboost switch, and did a couple fo various other things, the boost gauge worked just fine.

On a somewhat related note, is it possible for the crank fire sendor to go bad? Maybe it would work at the lower rpm's and then somehow crap out at the higher end??? I am just thinking outside of the box.

Let me go look and see what wire is connected to the overboost switch.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)