View Single Post

I'm curious about the J&E pistons as well, how well do they really work with the nikasil? Do you need more clearance? Do they make noise when cold?
That seems pretty reasonable if they just "drop in"

As far as 993TT goes, What would you have to do to fit these?

I know the top of the piston extends past the top of the cylinder, do you need the TT heads too or can you machine this clearance in a NA head??!!

I guess I should fess up what started this...

I just tore down a RUF RCT for a valve job expecting to see all sorts of neat stuff in the motor (it made 365 whp @ .77bar)

Well, it appears to have stock pistons with the tops machined off!! ( I could be wrong)

Needless to say, I was a little surprised at first, but my wheels got to turning pretty quickly... It even uses stock NA heat exchangers, there is a K27 where the CAT used to be. The NA cat is moved to where the pre-muffler used to be. Imagine that, 400hp through a stock C-2 CAT.

Long story short, I was wondering how many people were into machining 3.6 pistons for lower compression or if it's been one of those best-kept secrets, until now...

Thoughts?

Last edited by rsrmike; 08-04-2008 at 07:53 AM..
Old 03-02-2008, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)