View Single Post

Equal length headers will always make better power than a log style or other unequal length headers. The power curve will start wider and pull higher with a good EL header system. What he has is a good header design. If it is made of stainless (which I expect it is) it should retain heat fine.

Though the the turbos look a little small they will probably be fine. The biggest thing will be accurate control of the turbos, in order to get the best power curve. I am guessing they were controlled by MAP on the Dodge engines. The new Porsche turbos are controlled with a pulse width modulated controller on the turbo. So the control of the vanes is inherently more accurate and responsive than a vacuum based system. I am sure the MOTEC or Autronic systems can handle the electronic turbo controllers.

Good luck with your goals. Why not look into taking your car out of the country to have it tuned. Perhaps Germany or England. They may have better tuners for Porsche specific applications.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)