View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboteener View Post
Be careful when wrapping headers it will kill them in a hurry. It does work but it will really raise the temp the metal sees. Plus there is a huge amount of moisture that gets trapped against the metal. I ran wrapped pipes on the 914 and they were in rough shape when I finally took the engine out.

I bet with those turbos though the off idle performance will punch your eyes through the back of your head. Can you say instant boost.
I can get my hands on a pair of those GT25VNTs for my 3.6L but have the same concern regarding size. Still, that small compressor housing T25 can feed a lot more air than looks suggest and I'm sure they are no smaller than the K16s I'm setting up now. I'll get one and get reacquainted with the specs.
The vanes on the Chrysler/Dodge were ECU map set using vac however they can be controlled with pressure like a W/G. The canister is twin port allowing part throttle open vanes also. This is a big plus W/Gs dispensed with years ago. Don't know why.

Last edited by copbait73; 03-02-2008 at 07:43 PM..
Old 03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)