View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Hey guys, what's all this talk about guys in pickup trucks...(j/k) I had one, miss it real bad, but it wasn't quite a "normal" pickup. It was on '03 Ford Lightning, and I had it built to a modest but street kicking 450 hp. I could hang with most of the p-cars, up until about 130 - stayed away from the twin turbos though. Sorry for the hijack but I have a similar story to share, but both parties went home happy. Heading home after a long day of work I found myself behind a new Ford GT (2004???). We made the left turn onto a 5 mile uphill straight (never with any fuzz) behind a pack of soccer moms. We were weaving in and out of the traffic until I finally found myself in a better lane choice pulling ahead of him. Like a running back ducking behind a lineman, I lead the way with my fast, but 5000 lb brick while he tucked a few feet off my bumper. As one we weaved through the final few cars and he pulled beside me at about 90, gave me a nod and stomped on it till he got about 100 yards ahead - I'm not stupid so I didn't follow, he let off only so he could sit and watch me punch it and hear the whine of my supercharger going wild. When I caught up we ran side by side at about 130 just enjoying the ride, we finally looked at each other nodded and went our separate ways. I've since traded the brick for a family tahoe, but will always appreciate special cars, and respect any driver that respects me.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)