View Single Post

You are turbocharging a stock 3.6 N/A? go for 993tt pistons and H-beam rods. They fit the bill perfectly and I watched such engine produce way over 800hp.

Machining stock 11.3 (well I believe *real* C/R is more like 10:1) piston might leave the piston crown too thin and lead to crackning.

JE pistons are good too but aren't as metalurgically advanced so you'll have some piston slap when engine is cold. Not too dangerous but annoying.

As far as I remember, 993 engines with "dished" heads were produced for a year or too, and pistons were the same but jugs were shorter and heads were deeper.

A set of used re-ringed 993tt is probably the cheapest and best ticket here. They are made of tweaked alloy and will be quiet at startup. They are also tough as nails. Only problem with them is that they are somewhat heavy...so don't rev past 7000RPM (In turbocharged engine, this is usually not the problem as they tend to produce max power fairly low unless tuned to max).
Old 03-03-2008, 04:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)