View Single Post

What? Are you stupid? Turbo on a 911SC

Hello all,

I am in the process of purchasing a turbo set-up for my 911SC. That said, to help me install the thing, I called a local Florida garage, Richard Danvers Porsche here in Hollywood, FL.

Wow, what a shocking response. I told Mr. Danvers I planned to run this thing at minimum boost, just for a little kick and he basically told me I might as well throw my car away.

He said that the compression etc. wasn't made to handle a turbo and I would blow my engine just attempting to install it.

So, my question is, after hearing so much positive feedback and success stories, is this a stupid undertaking?

I am not wanting 400+hp, I am just looking for a little kick in the pants now and again out of the old girl.

As for safe-guarding engine problems while installing it, what should I do to protect myself and the engine?

Guys, thanks so much. This board has proven invaluable and I would be (even more) lost without it.

Rob
robertludwick@hotmail.com
Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)