View Single Post

Garage
As a Porsche professional and assuming he is also a good business man his response is entirely predictable.
While I've often done what you are planning to do I've never expected buy in on the idea, paid or otherwise. I think you should seek out a like mind Porsche enthusiast with the skills to help you accomplish this.
Along these lines, IMO if you wish to continue owning Porsches you will be much more satisfied in the long run and have more money in you pockets, if you learn to do many things on your own.
Don't get me wrong, I have high regard for these independent shops and their owners. In my area they are few but invaluable to me when I'm stumped on a problem or need a rare part in a hurry. Most are just trying to make an honest living. But, to make a living they need to charge you a rate that will be hard to recover once you want to move on to other Porsches and projects.
I might add his experience probably is that these rarely work because BOOST is addicting and you will lose your self control, maybe even try to sue him. I repeat, my local guy says "ALL turbo motors now need or will need some level of repair on an ongoing basis, factory included"....it's been his experience - 36 years.

Last edited by copbait73; 03-04-2008 at 07:42 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)