View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Ah come on folks, it all just comes down to internal cylinder pressures. Don't exceed the maximum, and you won't blow it up!
930's run 8:1 comp. & up to 1 bar boost. So if you have 10:1 comp., only run .4 bar or so.
Pressure is pressure, it does not matter how you get it, either thru comp. or turbo boost, or supercharger or nitrous.
Just do some research, find the limit, and don't exceed it! Remember it is just a machine, no black magic or smoke & mirrors.

Thats just my 2 cents worth.
Mark
Ahhhh, 930's never came with 8:1. Let's establish that baseline first. How about 6.5:1 and then 7:1. The distributer also compensated for positive pressure in the manifold by retarding the ignition curve. Moral to the story is there are a lot of pitfalls here that Porsche thought abought when they wanted to Homologate the 930 for RACING and then DETUNE it for the street market.

Of course this can be pulled off. It's just with that compression, one bad move and his engine is history and he gets to spend $15,000 or more fixing it on top of what he's doing now. Let's say he forgets to hook up his wastegate control line ONE time. That's it, Toast!!

As my sainted Father said to me many a time, "Of course one must be willing to underwrite the cost of the experiment"

This was usually his way of telling me I was crawling out on a limb.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT

Last edited by les_garten; 03-04-2008 at 05:38 PM..
Old 03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)