View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I'm glad it's easy for you to understand, but it needs to be said in a way that everyone understands. It is important to know how and why not just yes or no. What works in one application may actually hurt you in another. If the spark plug on a 911 engine was mounted dead center we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Not sure what you mean here, we just talked about the location of the plug and why two plugs are better because of flame travel distance with one plug. I don't believe there is any detriment to twin plugging. Some people have mentioned cracks. Seems isolated and certainly not warned of by Bruce Anderson as FAIK.

Do you have experience where twin plugging had any detriment to safety or performance?? This isn't some VooDoo made up on this forum, Porsche Started it. They were Twin Plugging before Wayne ever saw a Pelican in Flight and said, Hmmm?? The point is it's not just yes or no. Have you read Bruce's book?? Why does every Porsche machine shop advertise these services?? I'm having some trouble figuring out where you are going with this other than the sake of argument.

Are you going to get 10% HP from this mod with "perfect" implementation?? I'm skeptical, but open to the possibility in a perfect environment. I think Using it as a safety factor in a Positive manifold pressure environment, with these head geometries, there really is no discussion. Maybe a little Pony advantage, maybe not, but I wouldn't bank on it.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)