View Single Post

v-band help please, any experts? pic included

Hey everyone,

first I'll start by saying I have no experience with v-bands but I do have a vband turbo. I purchased it in December and now in the process of fitting it to my Carrera. Anyway, my lovely Rarelyl8 muffler and zork arrived today (thanks Brian I will email you soon, excellent service and products) and when I matched them up to my Garret GT30 with a vband, the outter diameters of the bands are different? (both internals are the same 3inch ). the mufflers which I know are correct are 3.89 inch (99mm) and the turbo is only 3.3inch (88mm)?

Am I missing something, they dont have much of a surface to seal and the clamps wont fit this. I took the turbo and mufflers down to the local turbo shop and he said WTF! he's never seen a flange like that (he smelt like old feet and looked like the subway bum out of 'Ghost' so I'm sure he's seen worse), he was saying he thinks it's just a machined down 4 bolt flange? I dont know, then I got the standard lecture about not buying over the internet, I put my cigarette out on his forehead and left.

Anyway, any help appreciated, thanks!

Spence
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 03-04-2008, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)