View Single Post

Johann,

Nice cars!

I don't know anything personally -- I own a 76turbo, and spend a lot of time reading/lurking here as I work at learning more about it. (this place is fabulous, btw) I was curious to see if BA had anything in his book -- it's not much, but gives some idea of the changes. From P85-86:

"The Turbo engine received enough changes to justify a new type number, Type 930/66, for the rest of the world. Most of the changes were made to improve running while complying with the world (exclusive of the United States) emissions laws. There was a new warm-up regulator to improve cold-running performance and throttle response. The fuel distributor was modified by the addition of what was called a capsule valve to improve teh fuel enrichment when the throttle was opened suddenly during fast acceleration. The engines had a new distributor with a double vacuum unit with a temperature-contolled vacuum advance for emission control. The exhaust system was changed to by-pass the wastegate exhaust through its own separate muffler."

He also mentions "no change in horse power". I noted in the back, there was a small uptick in torque.

hth.

kim.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)