Thread: spark plugs
View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I have one of Al Copelands old cars a red 1985 Porsche Kremer street 2 version. I do not have his Ph# to fill in the blanks as no records came with the car. I realize he may keep his Ph# guarded however I would like to find out if he has a forgotten file on it in a dusty drawer. He owned it from 1987 till 2001. Must have been one of his first post Pop eyes success items he treated himself to. If you still stay in touch I would certainly appreciate a way to find out more about this car. In Milwaukee we have the 100mph club that started with Augie Pabst and friends that started late one night in the late 1950s,without the cops blessings. It was a run from downtown on lake drive which is a winding lakefront road and somewhere you must get to 100 mph. Every year since a meeting is held to welcome new members and reminisce with the other members.
Hello,
I'm no great firend of Al's. I was helping to negotiate an Investment opportunity with him for my Company. I think I might know the car you are talking about. Did it have a Brass Plaque in it saying "built for Mario Andretti"? I'm not sure that one was a DP or Kremer. When did you buy it. I may have also looked at that car around late 80's early 90's.

Unfortunately I no longer live in New Orleans or I could most likely just drive over to where all these toys are parked and ask a few questions for you. He used to have a (Warehouse/Show-off Room) on the I-10 service road and Causeway BLVD in Metairie. You may have picked it up there.

The reason I didn'tt go after that car at the time, I didn't know anything about Kremers and thought it was a "Kit" car. I did think it was reasonably priced though.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-05-2008, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)