View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Kuhn View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

?

Nobody said it couldn't be done.

This whole forum is about this topic. You're talkin' apples and oranges here. You didn't have an option to buy a factory prepped Production Turbo 928, that included Transmission, Engine, Suspension, brakes, and body upgrades. Your site is all about the prep work involved. You didn't just bolt a Turbo on and go weee!

The point of a number of the responses here is that a Blown engine needs engineering and prep. If you do it RIGHT, you may find it reasonable to consider buying a Good 930 instead of dumping a lot of money into a platform that is not meant for the purpose and everything you do to it drops it's value like a rock. You can save all your parts and put it back in order, but ethically should disclose the molestation that had taken place on said vehicle. By the way, I don't suppose the "Kit" came from a Blown up motor? Just kiddin' . Sort of.

The other point is, that if you don't do the engineering and prep, KABOOM. Now you're out the funds to do the conversion, AND the $10K+ repair bill.

There are a few other considerations, I'm sure a high compression Blown motor is a different experience than a Low compression 930. If if were my car, I might put my motor up and but a 930 Motor and drop in it. Now I have a Narrow body sleeper with a 930 powerplant. Fill the SC motor with mouse milk and hang onto it. Or sell the SC motor to finance the 930.

p.s. A Blown 928 does sound mighty interesting...
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)