View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
In my experience, sometimes you really have to work at it to get the feeler gauge in to take the measurement. Why? Don't know. Moonphase? Solar flares? Anyhow, I noticed a similar phenomenon. I couldn't get in the .0025, then all of a sudden it goes in, but now the .003 goes in real easy too. I found that in some situations the .0025 didn't want to go, but I would keep working it, and then could get it to go.
Please read all the posts on the first page again. If this is happening to you, you are doing it wrong. Pay attention to the method I use on the first page. You are only talking 5/10,000's of a difference in the two feelers. The .0025 has to be a tight drag. Basically if you can just pull it out when you are locked down it is correct. You are going to have some difficulty re-inserting the .0025 because you are coming at an angle to the gap. You are not lining up on the gap perfectly. So as you insert the feeler it has to flex a little and seem thicker till it finds it's way in and straightens out IN the gap.

There is a market amongst Pelicanites for yet another set of custom 911 feeler gauges! The Backside Set!! The custom feelers for the traditional method I was highly unimpressed with. These feelers need to be long, color coded, and angled to attack the gap straight. Keep workin' on your technique. Once you get it, there's no way you would ever go back.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)