View Single Post

Actually, I bought the BAE low boost kit complete, in excellent condition for $1,000. Gulf Performance (pompano), who has an excellent history developing porsche racing motors and turbo tuning will install it for $1,500 - $2,500 -- intercooler and all....he has done alot for me in the past, expesnively, and is kinda cutting me a deal....(hoping to trade out for advertising maybe?)

It is a bolt on kit offered when the factory 930 wasn't available in the US...a straight bolt-on solution which will give me more HP than headers etc but not enough boost to mess up a tight engine.

I will only run 5 bars and will only be "enjoying" that little extra power now and again on quick turnpike sprints.

As for selling the car, there is a family history tied to it and that won't happen.

All things considering, I feel secure in going forward with this and appreciate all of those who weighed in.

All I am looking for is a little kick in the seat now and again (lol) Eventually, the little gem will be retired away for the occasional weekend outing in favor of a newer 965 or the like...but for now, I am just trying to get a little more out of a great little car -- safely.

Thanks again.

Rob
Old 03-07-2008, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)