View Single Post

The adjuster thread is finger tight onto the lever. It is the 930 spring - it came off this assembly. It has no cylindrical core to go over a pin - just the prongs at each end.
The travel does feel limited, but because the pressure gets very hard. It feels like the Omega spring is doing nothing to assist and all you get is progressively harder clutch pressure. At some point you don't have enough force to go any further.
Is there anything I could have done wrong in the reassembly of the pressure plate to cause this? I can't think of anything. I asked Pelican to send me any other parts I needed to convert from rubber to spring centre plate. I just got a spring plate.
I tightened the pressure plate up progressively and evenly and torqued it down at around 12 ft lb from memory. I have a new driven plate (spring loaded) in between the pressure plate and flywheel. I inserted no other new parts. As far as I can see, there is only one way for the pressure plate finger to engage the thrust bearing - locating into the lugs.
So, what is causing this excessive pressure?
If I disconnect the cable, the pedal falls straight to the floor.
Alan
Old 03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)