View Single Post

I have watched the clutch while the pedal is depressed. It all seems normal except the travel seems limited.
The conversion is recommended by Pelican. I am told there are very few 930's running with the rubber centre clutch these days. I'm not sure how the two can be related in that the friction plate is basically the same except one has internal springs to take the shock, while one has a big lump of rubber. But the problem is not specifically with the friction plate - but more the pressure plate - which has not changed.
The Omega spring is catching very slightly on the bottom of trans housing - you can see the scrape marks - but I think these are from previous, and it worked with reasonably light pedal pressure before.
I'm wondering if the alignment of the friction plate is fractionally out and somehow catching somewhere - but the gearbox shaft slipped in without too much bother. Was thinking of trying to crank it over on starter motor with clutch in and see if anything pings into place.
Alan
Old 03-08-2008, 12:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)