View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
Your post brings us back around full circle. The conversion, if you do it substandard is expensive and in my opinion dangerous. If you do it right, it is REALLY expensive and nowhere near as dangerous. The end of the day shows, Geez, I could've got a 930 for that. However, a 930 is not a Turbocharged SC. If you want a Turbo'd SC(Narrow body) then you can do a bolt-on, and watch a lot of Clint Eastwood movies. Do ya feel lucky PUNK! You can tear your SC motor apart and prep if for a Turbo, as has been done by tons of folks here. You can get a 930 motor and Transplant it. Or you can buy a 930 and get all the goodies that go along with it, ie tranny, brakes, body, suspension, etc.

This brings me back to the sliding scale. One end of the scale is expensive and dangerous, the other end is more expensive and a whole lot less dangerous.

If I were doing this project, I would be running all this in a spreadsheet to consider all the options.

There is a guy selling a 930 on the forum who has a $100,000 plus car that you could pick up in the 40's. If it were me I would sell my SC and watch for deal. They happen all the time here.

I certainly understand the "yearning" for a blown SC. High compression, Turbo, YEAH BABY!

for me it really honestly was about the challange so please understand that .. I did however love the 930 look so that(turbo body) just went along with everything else..

also there was no way I was going to be abale to sell my johnny cash (50,51,52,53 caddy) 77 911 with a 78 sc tranny,with an 81 sc engine it and come out ahead so why not make what I wanted myself. you guys also need to take what I say with a grain of salt because I am uber DIY guy.. I build my own engines/weld my own flares/paint my own car/weld my own exhaust/build my own pressure piping/ built my own IC (scrapped it for a better off the shelf unit as I experiemented to much) polish my own fuchs/put my own glass in kind of guy so much cheaper then most.. here is the final product

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 03-08-2008, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)