View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Thanks great mapping idea. That indicates my Kremer car which boost to 1.4 bar must be built to the 6.5 of the early 934 935 as it does not detonate with 108 octane and has almost 10K miles on the original build. It has long been my suspicion that Porsche from the early baby 935 and onwards built low compression high boost motors as boost is adjustable for altitude, humidity longevity, etc and compression is fixed. My car was built in 84 and kremer had been king on tracks for many years by then. I do not know if the race cars were still 6.5 in 1984. Andial was competing closely with Kremer by then and my motor from them uses the 1974 factory and 84 Kremer low compression philosophy.
I placed the point using data from one of your postings. You know, assuming it isn't 6.5:1 and your C.R. is actually 7:1, it still places you right in line with Don and Les' cars. 12PLUS to 1 effective compression. That may be on the edge but you guys must be getting along with it.
Looks like it may be time for one of you three to pull out a couple more enabling technologies like water/methanol injection or knock sensors and set a higher point.
Well, Don you have a higher point out there at 13:1 but I think you told me you don't run that level.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)