View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
I placed the point using data from one of your postings. You know, assuming it isn't 6.5:1 and your C.R. is actually 7:1, it still places you right in line with Don and Les' cars. 12PLUS to 1 effective compression. That may be on the edge but you guys must be getting along with it.
Looks like it may be time for one of you three to pull out a couple more enabling technologies like water/methanol injection or knock sensors and set a higher point.
Well, Don you have a higher point out there at 13:1 but I think you told me you don't run that level.
No, I don't go above .8. I can't tell the difference between 500 and 525 hp driving around, but as your chart shows, it seems the engine knows. However, when I built my car, I built it for drivability and for me, that's torque and throttle response. The torque curves for my motor, whether its 525 or 500 hp, are nearly identical, so I see no need for 1 bar.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)