View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I got it now, thanks.

One common data point you need to add to your chart:

Stock 3.3T 7.0:1 C/R @1.0 bar (using an how )

VERY popular setup. My math says 11.6:1 effective C/R.
Brian:

This is the kind of consideration I would make of this data. It isn't a bunch of theoretical data about various engine configurations. It's data comes from the same basic engine from the maker who's evaluated it's likes and dislikes and has the real world experience you can accept for your use or reject.

It's easy to get "wrapped around the axel" in these discussions. Mainly because opening the population of data too broadly includes applications that defy the chart, then you end up discussing the exceptions rather than the rule, so to speak.

In response to your data point I might add I've always heard you can increase the stock 3.3L boost to 1 bar BUT only after upgrading the intercooler. Is this accepted wisdom correct, or is it conditional? Who really knows, in the end it's your choice.

My point is this allows you some reinforcement for the next component. You can visualize how far you maybe pushing the envelop. DonE made on observation using this that I came to also(but didn't tell Don). DonE gave me two boost levels and HP. The high data point is 525HP vs 500. IMO he rightfully assessed his engine didn't like the additional boost and the apparent risk is not worth an additional 25HP on an already very powerful street engine.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)