View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurhip View Post
Yes, you are correct. Temperature rise will be based on differential pressure (work done to the air). And the turbo will need to spin a little faster, so your lag will be exaggerated. However, a higher pressure boost spring will not change the compressor curves. Max pressure will be higher, but the time to max will be the same.

At very high elevations, the compressor wheel design would need to be modified.
Which brings me back my earlier inquiry on this thread and "930 timing specs for higher HP turbo" thread inquiry that at least in the beginning of Porsche turbo development low compression had its advantages especially under race conditions and for many years tuners such as Andial, Kremer and others, built to a known quantity standard. Now on to try to improve my motors using the applicable evolution, to adapt the benefits of more recent technology to update,tune what is there without changing every thing, as it my be applicable, to my 80s style motors. Lots of thoughtful information that may be good for me ,and other readers so far on both threads. I have been away from "hands on tuning and upgrading" for many years.I need a tune up before I proceed with these tasks.Thanks Tony@voitureltd

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-09-2008 at 12:36 PM..
Old 03-09-2008, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)