View Single Post
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
Having driven both the 930's (89's and pre), owning a 92 964T and driving a 94 3.6T, it really depends on what you are going to be looking for.

The pre 89's only have the 4 speed, but in the real world, especially if its a weekend car, you aren't going to need anything higher than 4th gear, or you are going ludicrous speed.

I was specifically looking for an 89 and up, since I knew I would be commuting to work with mine 62 miles each way at 80 mph, so I knew I needed the 5 speed. I also liked the interior of the 964 and 993 better than the interior of my 86.

The one year only in the US 3.6T's are all very expensive. Its not worth getting into a discussion on whether or not its worth it, as its over your price range.

For a comparison, I paid in the very low $40's for mine, but then had to do about $5K worth of work to get it to where I wanted it to be. It had 34,XXX miles on it when I bought it, and has a lot of very good mods to it.

I wouldn't shy away from a modded 930, if it was done properly and it passes a good PPI. The garage queens seem to be more expensive, and in the end, I knew I was going to want more power, so what not let someone else take the hit on the $$$ for the mods.

There are a couple of pictures of my car on the Grady / Roger breakfast thread on the 911 Tech forum.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)