View Single Post
The path of the warrior.

Garage
I've done the exact thing that your describing. What type of supercharger are you running? It really makes a big difference. I am running a SOK Paxton that puts out about 6 lbs of boost. The Whipple's will out out 8-10, depending on the pulley size. The main difference between the two, is that the Whipple is more on and off, making full boost right off the line. This translates into more low end power and torque, but much harder on the 915. Whereas the Paxton is more linear, building boost with rpm. Kind of like a turbo with zero lag. Much easier on the drive train and it wont effect the driveability of your car in any way shape or form. Your car will run, idle and drive like a normal 911, only when you put the pedal down you have around 350 hp on tap. I feel that the Paxton still allows you to retain that "Porsche" driveability and feel, only with much more power. FWIT I run a 3" pulley on the Paxton and it puts out 6lbs of boost at 6000 rpm on my 3.2. You are also going to have to play with your fuel pressure until you get it right. Make sure you have an airflow meter installed before you start.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)