View Single Post

Thanx everyone,

I see exactly what you are saying about the boost PSI being hard to calculate because you dont know what the restrictions are. If I had a cam with more overlap, it would change the flow characteristics of the engine, and hence the back pressure at the supercharger.

I know of one other person with a SoK supercharged 3.6l porsche. He is running about 6 psi of boost.

The supercharger that SoK put in the 3.6s (964) is the whipple type.

Sadly since I posted this message I have run into another problem.
Although SoK is no longer in business they agreed to machine the pistons down to 9:1 for me. (This was about 6 months ago) On the weekend I CC'ed the heads / dome to calculate the compression ratio, and I came back with ~10.5:1.

So obviously SoK didnt take anywhere near enough off the pistons to get down to the target CR of 9:1. After the pistons were machined I had thermal barrier coating put on the crowns and dry film lube on the side skirts.

Ask me how happy I am today?

I am still trying to decide what to buy for measuring A/F ratio, boost, etc. Maybe something from Innovate. Any suggestions?

Thanx,
Kirk
Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)