View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I never met a 930 turbo I did not like if it was well taken care of. The earlier cars are closer to the original homolegation, subsequent models seem to loose something in nimbleness and general ambiance. After mid 80 they seem more ponderous to drive. I guess you can detune these back to the original design but the best I believe as built are the 78 to mid 80s. As far as paying a lot for the granny 1st gear 5 spd I will leave that to the nuvo speculators to pay extra for, like they pay extra for the S models of everything along with the first or last year of production. Ho Hum. Just my impressions. I own 10 now 2 after 86. I say get one while the getting is good. There were not that many made and the hot street RS RSR are already way over 200K and according to the factory writings the 930 was the next generation of performance enhanced street offerings. They should know they designed and built them all. Soon the masses may discover what they are missing and "poof " the pickings could get pretty slim in a hurry.

Man Tony, you sure are out and about preaching RELIGION. Amen, brutha.

Moses ("location: out there", love it)... drive both, report back. Each speaks to its own person. Some to both even. Your pricepoint gets you any of them (save most 3.6s), so the world's your oyster. You're welcome to a whirl in mine for a datapoint (justabout stocker '87) should it help / if you're near CT.

Again, report back with your progress / findings. Tough problem to have heh heh...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)