View Single Post
Porschaholic

Garage
Rookie on the board...

Greetings all: I'm new to this forum and quite frankly very impressed by the vast reservoir of superior knowledge you all seem to possess... so enough with the butt kissing... here's my issue (loaded questions coming up): I have a 1986 930 that has problems waking up in the morning (I live in So Cal and the car is always garaged so weather is not a major issue... I think) anyway motor turns over but doesn't fire, I repeat the starting process three to four times saying prayers in between... but she just will not fire. I leave in anger and come back and hour or so later... and vroooom... she starts. (problem one.) I replaced rookie stuff like the fuel pump relays... the problem continues. Another Porsche guy suggested fuel injector issues, or fuel pump (but I hear the pump) so I thanked him... now I'm thinking fuel check valve but don't know its function. Can anyone offer up some info?

My second issue is simple driving and the engine shuts down... just random, no fast turns, or afterburners punched... just whenever... the saving grace is that I'm usually on the freeway and it will re-fire after a few seconds. Fuel filter? or this fuel check valve... any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)