View Single Post

I need some advice

I have a "who knows what it is" wide body Porsche. I know you guys will not like this, but I have a alumin Cadi motor in it. But my problem is that I want to build the car for solo 1 driving conditions. My latest project is trying to figure out if I should weld a 3/16th plate on the bottom of the car under the rockers from front wheel to rear ( my thoughts were to bend the pinch weld on the bottom and weld in a pc that is 8 inch wide?. My pan is in good shape except for on the outer of the bottom rockers, I have some rust. I want to be able to through a jack under the car and not worry about crushing it. Any ideas? My stock jack points are questionable. I could cut it out and weld in new parts, but I am going for more practical than oem. here is some pics. I did put the por 15 on the inside and the floor looks great.

thanks Brian

Last edited by Frapguy; 03-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: left out detail pic of rust
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)