View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Kokeln Intercooler issues

Good Evening All,
I am having a bit of an issue with my Kokeln intercooler as the title suggests. This car is new to me so forgive my ignorance, here goes.

I took the car for it's initial shake down and on over-run from a high boost situation the car backfired (shooting flame in the process). After the backfire I experienced a surging problem when under full-ish or partial boost. I got home and did an inspection and found that the intercooler had apparently lifted out of the housing at the rear of the car, in so doing it cut the O-ring, part of which was still hanging out of the junction.

I removed the intercooler to find that some of the hardware which holds down the IC was missing. I went out purchased some new hardware and O-Ring, and set about re-installing the IC. No surprises, everything went back together well...

Took another little drive and all seemed well, problem solved I thought...
Well fast-forward to today... New shift bushings installed (thanks for the upgrade ideas by the way) and clutch adjustment completed. time for a little spin to check the work. Clutch and shifter, working like a charm! Then I did a second gear pull... BOOST is SO much fun! I needed to do it again... This time back to the same surging problem!

Got home for a little inspection... You guessed it the IC had decided to lift again! What the heck is happening! I did some searching... but could not find an answer. I may just be looking in the wrong place. Can you Gents give me a bit of direction? Either a link to another thread that I missed or... Just help!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)