View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Let me see what I can help you with

Photo's definitely help in these cases but I just went through the same thing on my 87-930 so it's still fresh in my head.

1) Hard Oil Line: The oil line (if I'm correct) that is in your way is the one that comes from the crankcase and bends toward the rear of the car, runs along the bottom of the front of the motor and then makes another turn where it connects to another oil line going to your thermostat. Correct? If so, then you need to backdate your oil lines so that the line comes off the the crankcase and goes under the bell housing. This is a hard line only(not hard/soft) which will connect to a another new thermostat line. You will need to purchase both of them. They run abolut $115 each.

2) Drip tank: Yes, only one line. Cap off the nipple on the air-box.

3) K27 Adapter: I'm guessing that your referring to the billet aluminum adapter that goes on top of the intake portion of the turbo and connects to the pipe connecting to the IC. This will depend on what IC your using, but the connector has 2 o-rings. One is for the inside of that connector that slides onto the top of the turbo, the other is for outside of the connector where it will connect to your intake pipe as described above.

4) Stock turbo seal: Not sure what your referring to here... maybe the rubber gasket seal that fits between the IC and down-pipe? If so, reuse the same way as before.

5) Banjo fitting: This just connects to a rubber hose that in turn connects to your IC. The other tube just vents to atmosphere. The fitting on top is the one that vents to atmosphere. The one on the side connects to your IC.

Bonus: You may need to adjust your turbo support bracket and re-drill holes. When going to headers it often sits a little different and will not line up unless you drill new holes. I would not leave it off as the exhaust will be supporting all of the weight of the turbo and what ever muffler you connect to it.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your upgrade!

Bryan
Old 03-15-2008, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)