View Single Post
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
So,,, which is better, Guard or Quaife?

Street?
Track?

Quick nutshell, please!
Guard's differentials are far more refined than what Quaife is producing, but you will pay more for it. There's a lot of confusion out there because many people are under the impression that Quaife is the only one making a torque biasing differential. That's not the case as Guard manufactures both a traditional ZF style LSD with clutch plates and adjustable ramp angles for various locking percentages AND they also make a torque biasing differentail very similar to a Quaife, but as I indicate above, it's a superior quality product.

As for the original question of finding a Guard LSD right now, it's next to impossible. None of us who are Guard authorized dealers have gotten a shipment of 915/930 diffs in about 6 months. The few shops that still have them on their shelves have been standing on them with respect to price and asking top top dollar for them. I heard a rumour through the grapevine that one recently passed hands from Shop to shop for about $2800!!! Until Guard gets the components to finish assembling their latest order, private party sale in the used market is about the only source for one at a reasonable price.

930DLR,
If you are willing to consider something other than a Guard diff, drop me a line. I have inventory of both rebuilt factory ZF type LSD's as well as another brand of LSD's that have just very recently come to the market...
2008 Cayman S Mule
Old 03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)