View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
The difference in force between 0.8 bar and 1.0 bar is 3psi times area or about 14lbs force.....if you are having a problem from 1.0 bar then changing to 0.8 bar is a bandaid fix to the real issue.
you need to make sure that the intercooler is tie down at 3 distinct points. One near the throttle body, one at the coil mounting bracket and one more at the drivers side corner of the intercooler.....where it used to mount to the factory bypass valve. Without 3 points mounting the cooler could be twisting off location as well as lifting.....it does nto take much movement about 1/2 inch to blow out the o-ring seal areas.
Do yourself a favor and check that all the mounting bolts are tight and carry a spare set of o-rings with you till you figure out what is going on.
I had a hell of a time getting my B&B intercooler to fit properly after switching to a k27S turbo and GSF headers. The headers and k27 turbo put the new turbo outlet in the wrong location relative to the stock OEM k26 turbo and headers which I ran previously. Had to do alot of cutting and fitting to the turbo outlet to re-use the OEM up-pipe and make it all fit. I do not like the idea of cutting the up-pipe and using silcone connectors as this butchers the factory system and introduces another leak path.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 03-17-2008 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-17-2008, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)