View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Fredmeister,
I did the starter fluid trick-a-roo, and noticed no perceptible change in idle, or the fluctuation thereof after spraying everywhere. (Hopefully eliminating the vacuum leak possibility?) She is experiencing hard cold starts, and I have the very strong scent of fuel at start up, and idle, with the idle fluctuating between 800-1050 rpm. Which leads me to believe that the I am on the rich side. (Is my diagnosis sound? I'm still a FNG!) I am going to take her in for a little dyno/AFR work Monday to get everything dialed in on the 91 octane fuel, and verify the AFR's under load, but I figured in the meantime I will give it a click, or two, toward the lean end of things to try to cure the hunting idle. Until everything is sorted on Monday I will be off high boost levels and just tooling around town, if I do take her out.
Thanks for your advise!

NathanUK,
Thank you very much for the tip!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-19-2008, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)