View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
Bill,

That should not be fitting (at least for me it wasn't) that tight. Have you put a little oil around that orange seal. This will allow it to slide easier. I would try and fit that over the top without the seal first to make sure that there is no metal burrs or something that would prevent it from sliding on. Without the seal it should slide on with not too much force.

Then, add the seal with your lubricant of choice, then gently (with a rubber mallet or dead blow) tap it into place. You don't want to damage that seal.

Hope this helps,

Bryan
I think someone must have mod'd your Turbo throat before you received it. I have had two K27's and both needed CONSIIDERABLE grinding to be able to fit that adapter. I left it where I had to pound that adapter down with a mallet so it would seal well. But MY experience has been that the adapter would not go on either of my K27's without modification to the throat.
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)