View Single Post

LM1 Questions, If ya got 'em Post 'em

The GHL headers I have bought used has an O2 bung already welded in. However, it was welded in just before the turbo flange. According to LM1 the best place to put in a bung is after the turbo. So I put one (a bung) in a little ways after the turbo on a straight pipe. So is that the ideal place for the O2 sensor or should it be within a certain distance after the turbo. If I put on a dual outlet muffler should I put the bung in before the muffler or after and block the other tail pipe?

Another question: If you only use your LM1 O2 sensor once in a while to check and dial in your AFR do you install and remove the sensor or leave it in place? The reason I ask is because they say it should be powered up when installed and the car running. But if you install and remove it all of the time this is just a recipe for the O2 sensor failing. Also leaving it installed and not powered up can cause it to fail.

Lastly, how AND where did you run your LM1 wires to the passenger compartment?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)