Thread: Will this work?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
Just a few more observations. In the engine compartment that pipe ends in a slip joint that can be used for adjustment. So I would clamp the bottom first and then clamp the top and see if that helps. Also, I looked at the Pix again and wanted to make sure you had the right silicone at the bottom. There may be a pipe size difference so you may need a 2.75" to 3" transition. I can't really tell if yours is correct or not.
Thanks Les. I tried unclamping both clamps at the slip joint but the metal pipe is "cradled" into position where the indentation contacts the sheet metal surrounding the motor- it was mentioned earlier that I may be able to make the indentation a little larger in the pipe to allow for more movement...maybe that would allow for the adjustment at the slip joint that you're referring to. I'll give it a try this weekend. With regard to the silicone hose, it's 2.75" and both the K27 7200 and the intake pipe are isodiametric (thought I'd throw in a big word to compensate for my lack of mechanical prowess) so I think it's the appropriate size. I think the more "modern" turbos (K27S, HFS, etc) have the larger, 3" opening. The silicone I'm using is thinner and more maleable so it bends a little more which allows for a more acute bend and strange appearance to you.

On a side note to liven up this thread, my friend sent me this link:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73e_1192001762

Somehow they were able to get a mini camera inside an internal combustion engine, filming it running.

Last edited by jay71; 03-20-2008 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)