View Single Post

on my 87 there was a stock hole right behind the driver's side shock tower mount in the engine compartment. I used that for some wires and I made an identical hole on the opposite side.
I have a tach wire, the o2 sensor wire, boost signal, and fuel press and EGT wires all up to the dash..

I wish I had hard wired my power line to the lm1 on a +12 wire instead of key on wire. There's a second of power when the key is turned and the lm1 starts up, then as the key turns and the engine spins power cuts off then back on again. This may or may not affect the lm1 + sensor, I'm not sure, I've used this sensor for 3+ years, and a permanent install for 18 months or so. Just recently I'm getting error #8, bad sensor (assumed). But this happened right after I removed and replaced with a different muffler from Ben.
My sensor is three or four inches past the turbo and I have a heat sink on it made from a 2" copper collar cut up and flattened out

If I did it again I'd run EVERYTHING straight to the battery and use a master switch. Seems like it would have been easier.

I used this sensor on three different cars at different times, carried it around here and there. They seem pretty stout.
And cheap at amazon $55

Last edited by jbrinkley; 03-21-2008 at 04:02 AM..
Old 03-21-2008, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)