View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
You should use silicone hose specifically made for turbo applications. It has the chemical and temp resistance ou need plus it is reinforced so that it can take the pressure from boost without bellowing much.
I ordered mine from ATPTurbo.com.....great prices and big selection.
I personally did not want to cut up my uppipe to the inercooler but like LESGARTEN said, I needed to make extensive mods to the end of my k27S turbo outlet to get the adaptor to fit. I destroyed 2 o-rings before getting everything fitted correctly. Included cutting 1/4 inch of the end of the compressor outlet to get the intercooler installed height somewhat level and correct. Your best lossening the compressor bolts so that it can rotate about the center section during the trial fit to make sure everything mounts ideally as well. Be patient as getting everything aligned after this swap is a PIA.
Worth the effort, the k27S is a great improvement in boost, reducing lag and boosting till redline. I have not dynoed yet but cannot wait for the chance.
Fred

1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 03-21-2008 at 09:10 AM..
Old 03-21-2008, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)