View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyPorsche View Post
A. Thats too saveable
B. Its not worth 100,000 as it sits unless all missing broken parts go with it
C. Looks like a headache
D. If your 959 works, don't worry about amassing parts. Whenever you need something you will find it. Thats what google and internet is good for.
A - Yes, it does look "saveable" from the external pics. Don't know about what about underneath

B - I disagree. If you're looking for parts, they add up very quickly. How much is a 959 engine worth? $50K, $75K? Probably somewhere in that range. 4WD pump $4000, wheels $1K each, windshield $2500, ABS system $5K, gas tank $1K, brake discs (new they are $4000/set), shocks, suspension setup, etc. How about all of the control units (all 13 of them). The stuff adds up.

C- YES, it does look like a headache. But, I'm a Pomona Swapmeet guy at heart, I love stuff like this. Almost like crack cocaine to me!

D- You're probably right. Tough to resist the urge to take a hit from the pipe though...

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 03-22-2008, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)