View Single Post
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I have a 3.2 carrera. I went to see a chap local to me who had his G50 3.2 engine rebuilt. He told me he had these restrictors fitted and I thought he had got it wrong! I just cannot see why I would need them in either of my cars and I told him this also.

The actual cam spray bars have very small holes in them. I would want all the oil pressure at these holes spraying oil on to my parts. Having more pressure at a restrictor and even less pressure than normal at the spray bars just seems stupid to me.
Also, if the restrictor gets blocked then that will be the end of that side of the engines valve gear, you may not even be able to drive home. Now, if one or even two of those cam spray bar holes get blocked nothing would probably even get damaged, might just hear that something is wrong.

Opinions?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg

Last edited by NathanUK; 03-23-2008 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)