Thread: Official weight
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Can you send me some pictures of yours both on and off the car?
I am interested on seeing how it is mounted too, so some shots of the inside where the mounting points would be cool as well.
Will run it by the boss to see if I can have an early Xmas present....

Thanks,
Fred
Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing...I took the DP style lower valance off my car so any pictures I have of that are just pictures of my car the way it used to look. That valance hung off my stock bumper just like 911 Rudy's does. Identical.

The new bumper I have on now is part#44 from GT racing, which is a complete bumper cap. Totally different part. It replaces the entire bumper as well as the DP valance and I removed the fog lights and parking lights and shocks and everything and simply hung the GT racing part by drilling holes along the upper lip so I could bolt it to the stock bumper bolts that run along under the front headlights along the fender. Gt racing also was smart enough to include brackets which bolt directly to your bumper shock mounts on the frame of the car where the bumper shocks used to be held in place. In order to keep the bottom of the GT bumper from flapping at higher speeds, I also was able to find a place on each side of the frame to hang a little aluminum tube which I bolted to the bottom of the bumper on each side. I attached bolts to the bumper bottom corners with fiberglass epoxy so as to attach the tubes. In other words, the tubes basically push the corners of the lightweight bumper out so that they cannot flap in the stronger winds. You won't need to do any of this stuff to attach a lower DP valance to your stock bumper however.

Actually I need to give my helper most of the credit, he has been doing this stuff for years and all the good stuff was his idea. Thanks Joe.

If you want to see the DP valance, I no longer have it on the car at all.

I will be happy to help, just need to know what you actually wanted to see. I suppose I can get some pictures of how my DP valance attaches to the stock bumper since that whole unit is sitting in my basement now that it is removed. Is that what you would like to see?

My last digital camera stopped working, it was a cheapo one. I think my new cell phone can take pictures...

Last edited by DDDD; 03-23-2008 at 06:08 PM..
Old 03-23-2008, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)