View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ischmitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianc View Post
It costs him business, and we can't have that, can we?

ianc
ianc, I beg to disagree with your statement. Market acceptance is a weird phenomenon. I would consider it a group-dynamic thing. Especially, nowadays with the internet it does not take much to tip the scale one way or the other and once a collective opinion is formed it is very difficult to change that. Followers are everywhere and things only solidify with time. Once you are in the collective “dog-house” it is much more difficult to revert this status.

I see asking for this sort of information more like throwing a bone. In the end I’ll figure it out anyway. In this example with some digging I finally found one of the original designers of the Motronic back in Germany. It helps that I speak the language.

It’s pathetic that certain individuals “sit” on information that they themselves have obtained somewhere while at the same time mocking others for not knowing. How f.cked up is that.

I’d like to mention individuals such as like Steve Wong, John Walker, Steve@Rennsport as well as many others in the business as very different examples. They are very open and forthcoming with information. And this by all means has increased their business rather than taken away from it I would figure.

Cheers,
Ingo

I repair/rebuild Bosch CDI Boxes and Porsche Motronic DMEs
Porsche "Hammer" or Porsche PST2 - I can help!!
How about a NoBadDays DualChip for 964 or '95 993
Old 03-23-2008, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)